January 02, 2011

And last but not least, Sea World!

Poor little miss Anna wasn't feeling well one morning, so we took Abby to Sea World while Anna rested up. She and Jen joined us later in the day which was so nice to all be together, but it was also super special to have some Abby time earlier in the day too!

She was so stoked to be there, and ran from exhibit to exhibit, never running out of steam.Our friends joined us for part of the day, I love how Abby and Bennett got along.The Elmo ride was a big hit (and incidentally, Bennett's first ride ever!) He and Karen are in the zebra looking elmo fish behind our pink pig one :
Boogie break!

Man, I love the Belugas: Abby got super up close with a polar bear. Don't they ride those to school in Alaska?
Touching the wall of ice. Aren't houses made of that in Alaska? Abby and Bennett got to feed the sea lions:
I love this video, this piglett of a sea lion was pretty vocal about his appreciation, and greediness.



Karen fed Ruby while the sea lions were fed, mother nature at it's best :)
Abby got to feed the sting rays later too, she was pretty brave considering it's weird to feed them since their mouths are under their bodies and are like suction cups slurping in the fish:We arranged for the dolphins to jump right over Abby's head. Isn't that amazing of us? I'm pretty sure we're the best Aunt and Uncle ever :)
At the end of the day, Anna and Jen joined us! Abby and Jen went back on the Elmo ride, and then we watched the Shamu show. I wouldn't think Anna would be able to enjoy herself but she was totally into, and clapped and waved her arms in excitement, it was too cute.

Whew, we were pooped after a full day there, what a success! Good thing we had cotton candy to fuel us...(I love how that kid looks on with jealousy, he probably had carrot sticks or something lame for a snack)

No comments: